Passive Income Online
It might just be the number one complaint of people working for others: trading you’re time for money.
Of course you may love your job or career. You enjoy solving problems and doing the work you were passionate at when you began. You genuinely like the work you do, but no matter how much you love your chosen field and those you work with, two things will continue to hold you back:
- You—just like everyone on the planet—have limited hours available
- If you aren’t working, you aren’t earning money
By definition, these two limitations put a cap on your earning potential. And while you may not want for anything—you may, in fact, be leading a wonderful, blessings-filled life—you still cannot make the impact you want to make, simply because you’re lacking in either time or money.
If you’re working all the time, then you have precious little time to…
- Enjoy your kids and their growing up years
- Pursue a hobby
- Start a part-time business
- Learn a new skill
- Or anything else you’d like to spend your time on
And if you aren’t working, well, then you have less money for…
- Family vacations
- Education (for you or the kids)
- Exciting new hobbies
- Or whatever else makes your heart sing!
It’s a true catch-22, isn’t it? You need to work more to earn the cash to build the life you desire, but the life you really want can’t be had if you’re working all the time.
The answer? Passive income.
Ask any successful entrepreneur, and they’ll tell you that the key to building a sustainable business that doesn’t burn you out lies in the ability to leverage your time by creating passive, recurring income.
Now, that doesn’t mean you don’t have to work. In fact, building up that stream of passive income will take a lot of work indeed. But once you create the systems, you can leverage them over and over and over again to create a steady cash flow that no longer depends on you and your time.
Just imagine the freedom that would bring! And it’s not that difficult to do, with just a little planning…
Passive Income Tip: Brainstorm a Digital Training Program or Small Course
This is going to be the cornerstone of your plan. Once you have a digital product to sell, all that’s required is to drive traffic to your offer. You can…
- Mail your list
- Use paid advertising
- Recruit affiliates
- List it on directory sites such as ClickBank or JVZoo
- Blog about it
- Ask other people to blog about it
- Share it in forums and groups
Truthfully, there are dozens of ways to get eyes on your sales page, so even if you don’t have a list, you can still begin building your passive income plan with a training program or course.
All you have to do is create it.
Now before you move on, thinking you can never do this, let’s not overcomplicate it. Here’s a simple 3-step way to brainstorm a small course or training product:
- What problem does your ideal client struggle with the most? Is she tech challenged and needs a step-by-step on how to create a landing page? Does she lack confidence, and suffer from mindset issues? Does she want/need to write a book but just can’t seem to get started?Whatever her trouble spot, a small training product or course will no-doubt help. Remember—you don’t have to solve all her problems, just this one, so keep it simple so you don’t get overwhelmed.
- What format does your ideal client prefer for training? Your product can be video, audio, written, or any combination. It’s completely up to you.
What resources do you have that you can repurpose? You very likely have blog posts, short reports, Kindle books and other material you can quickly pull together to create a complete training. (And if you need some additional material, or even a starting point, be sure to check out the PLR that I use personally in my business and highly recommend at Coach Glue and DIY (Do It Yourself) PLR. Then get busy creating a training program or course you can sell online for years to come.
What other questions do you have for me on the topic of earning passive income online?