Are you familiar with the concept of learning how to borrow traffic to your websites? Ask nearly anyone who runs an online business what their biggest struggle is, and chances are they will say “more traffic”.
You need traffic to build an email list.
You need traffic to make sales.
You need traffic to fill your coaching programs.
So the big question is, where do you get all that traffic?
Sure, you could used paid advertising, but if you aren’t careful, you might just fill your list with less than ideal prospects, and that will do nothing for your sales. This can also be expensive when you are just getting started. You could also focus your time and energy on search engine optimization, but unless you have years to build your business (and who does?) then SEO should not be your top choice.
Good thing you have other options.
Be a Guest
Everyone needs content. It’s the one thing that remains consistent among all content creators—there is never enough. That’s where you can help.
By guest posting on other coaches’ blogs, you can “borrow” some of their traffic.
You can’t simply regurgitate old content and send it out in a dozen directions though. To get the best results, you’ll want to:
- Create custom content designed with your host’s unique audience in mind
- Provide stellar value with actionable ideas and strategies not found everywhere else
- Inject your personality so those new to you will instantly connect with you
- Offer a compelling reason to click through to your website or blog for more information
No list? Here’s a quick way to “borrow” someone else’s list to kickstart your own: Schedule a free event with a partner.
Here’s how it works.
- You (as the one with the small list) create a compelling, free training which leads naturally to a low-cost, no-brainer product.
- Install an affiliate tracking system such as aMember, Infusionsoft or Nanacast.
- Offer your best affiliates a higher percentage of profits in exchange for co-hosting your webinar and bringing their traffic along for the ride.
This is a win/win for both of you, as you gain the traffic, while your affiliate gets a bigger payday. Just be sure you have a good funnel in place, so that your new list members can benefit from all that you have to offer.
Want to really show off your expert status and bring traffic back to your site, too? The easiest way is to get on the interview circuit. Just like authors with new books and actors with new movies, coaches and service providers can get in front of new audiences simply by answering questions about what they know. This is an excellent exercise in how to borrow traffic for your blog and other websites.
Of course, you’re probably not going to appear on the Today Show or Oprah’s new cable shows (although that’s not impossible), but there are still plenty of opportunities out there for coaches and consultants in every niche.
Look for interview and speaking opportunities on:
- Other People’s Blogs
- Periscope and Blab
- Local events
- Industry conferences (Think outside the box here – I still attend educational and real estate conferences, even though I haven’t worked in those fields for over ten years now)
Start by reaching out to your colleagues and to podcast and blog hosts you most admire. Get the word out with your friends and your list that you’re looking for opportunities.
Even if you don’t yet have a list of your own, it’s easy (and fun) to kickstart your audience growth simply by making yourself available for these and other opportunities. Each guest blog post, podcast interview and webinar is another chance to get in front of a whole new market, so take advantage of it!
How are you “borrowing” traffic to build your online business quickly?
I’m author, publisher, and entrepreneur Connie Ragen Green and I am here to serve you with my experience, knowledge, and ideas. Learn how to sell yourself to the world with your message and how to sell your products and services based on what you know with my new online training course, How to Sell Yourself and Your Stuff. You’ll be more than glad you decided to come aboard!