Are You Finding Your Prospects?
Finding your prospects is crucial to your online business success. Everyone who wants and needs to hear your message is already on another person’s list, so the goal is to find those people and to get in front of them. First of all, let’s define what exactly a prospect is and why they are important:
A prospect is a person who is interested in you and what you have to offer, whether that interest is in you, your products, services, or methods, or any combination of those things. They may have a need, desire, or interest in what you do in the area they are involved in.
There are many methods and strategies for finding your prospects and I will share the ones that continue to work for me.
- Content Creation – By far, creating and syndicating content is the very best way to achieve success. Finding your prospects by allowing them to find what you have written, recorded as audio, or published as video ensures a much better fit than any other method. As long as your message to market is a clear one you will be able to reach the exact people who will be an excellent fit for your products and services.
- Live Events, Workshops, and Conferences – In my opinion, this is the next best way to connect with prospects. I attend several live events each year, as well as hosting two of my own. I’ve done this for more than eight years now and this is how I have been able to build my business and sustain it throughout this past decade. Even though I am an introvert I’m willing to do what it takes to meet more prospects face to face. You can start by networking in this way locally and then expand your reach to include a wider audience of people.
- Your Website/Blog and Email Marketing – More than ninety percent of my business is online and finding my prospects in this way is crucial to my success. I blog on two sites regularly and have an optin form on each for people to join my list. I then email daily about what I am doing and how my prospects can achieve their goals. This strategy keeps me connected to my prospects and enables me to have an ongoing conversation with them over time.
- Influencers – I define “influencers” as the people who have come before us in our field and have paved the way for you and I to become successful entrepreneurs. Once you and your message receive the seal of approval from an influencer in your niche, potential prospects and clients will feel more confident to go ahead and follow you, share your content, subscribe to your list and potentially purchase from you.
- Social Media – You may be surprised to know that social media is the least effective method for finding your prospects and growing your business. There are so many reasons for this, but perhaps the most important one is that you will spend too much of your valuable time on these sites when you could be using those hours to create products, write content that will lead to a book, learn more about your area of specialization, and to teach the topics you know well. If you make a study out of it you will see that most of the people you are interacting with on social media have already decided if they are interested in you and what you have to offer. And they will be the first ones to notice that you are too available on a regular basis to be pursuing your business in a serious manner. My motto continues to be “Get in, get out, and get back to work!”.
Finding your prospects is an ongoing and regular activity that allows you to serve those who want and need you and what you offer. Make a serious effort to connect with these people and your online business will grow exponentially.
I’m Connie Ragen Green and I’ve been an online entrepreneur since 2006. If you are ready to get started on your journey to multiple streams of online income, visit my site at Online Entrepreneur Blueprint and download your complimentary training to get started today.